Name: Mary Helen
Hometown: Limbé, Nord (Northen Haiti)
Position with Good Threads: Mary Helen has been stitching for Good Threads for over three years. Her stitching has improved a lot over the years and she can now stitch a full belt twice as fast as she used to years ago. She has three children in the Joan Rose Foundation.
1. What were your previous jobs before joining Good Threads?
I used to knit hats and sew clothes in the market. I also worked in the fields in the Dominican Republic.
2. What do you like most about working for Good Threads?
The money! And I like that I work from home and don’t have to work in the sun.
3. How has working for Good Threads impacted your life?
I can pay my rent, electricity, water, and buy food for my children. I can also save a little bit per month and send money to my family up north.
4. What is your favorite item to stitch for Good Threads?
5. What would you like to share to those who purchase Good Threads products?
I want you to pay more for our work so we can get paid more!